Conditions of placement
The following are the key conditions that all pre-service teachers should be aware of and must adhere to with reference to placement allocations:
- The information provided throughout this questionnaire is accurate and valid for the upcoming placements. If there are any changes to this information I will notify the Partnerships and Professional Placements Office immediately.
- Students may be allocated to a placement that requires travel of approximately 60 minutes by car or 75 minutes by public transport, except in cases and special circumstances where students require placement for a method requirement or a combination of methods that are uncommon and therefore less available, in which case the travel time may be extended.
- Students may be allocated to a placement in the same education sector; i.e. placed in a government school for multiple placements.
- Students may be allocated to placements in a variety of socio-cultural settings.
- Students must attend the school/centre where they have been placed.
- Students will undertake their placements in line with scheduled placement dates, or alternative dates as advised by the Partnerships and Professional Placements Office.
- No school is under any obligation to take a student for placement.
- The Partnerships and Professional Placements Office is under no obligation to place students in a variety of settings or to meet any particular student requests.
- The Partnerships and Professional Placements Office will endeavour to have all students placed for the scheduled period; however, it may be necessary for placements to be arranged outside the nominated placement period.
- Students must provide the Partnerships and Professional Placements Office with a copy of the security clearance and/or checks for the relevant state and/or territory where placement is being undertaken.
If a pre-service teacher is aware that they will not be undertaking a placement for any placement unit in which they are enrolled or they require variations to their placement needs (e.g. make-up days from a previous placement, doing two placement units concurrently, etc.), they should notify the Partnerships and Professional Placements Office immediately so that appropriate arrangements may be put in place.