Centre for Science, Maths and Technology Education
The Centre is a leader in research and education in science, mathematics, technology and ICT. Its research is scholarly, creative, innovative and well situated within a global setting. Its teaching is research-based, informed, purposeful, and advances the learning of its students.
The Centre aims to provide a vibrant, intellectual, physical, social and virtual environment, where members can focus on the core purpose of advancing the knowledge, learning and development of learners of all ages, organisations and communities.
The Centre is committed to enhancing public interest in science, mathematics, technology and ICT education through advice and services that inform and lead professional practice, public debate and policy, and community action.
The Centre aims to:
- to pursue and conduct high quality research in the areas of science, mathematics, technology and ICT education for both the academy and the education profession
- be major contributors to the learning, knowledge and development of professionals in the areas of science, mathematics, technology and ICT education through the development of educators as the enter and progress through the profession
- provide a vibrant collegiate environment which engages its members in research, teaching, projects, seminars and debates that simultaneously advances the standing of the Centre locally, nationally and internationally and the learning, knowledge and development of its members
- promote the public image of science, mathematics, technology and ICT education as a valuable field of professional endeavour
- stimulate public debate about local and national issues in science, mathematics, technology and ICT education, and
- generate developments in area of emerging national importance in science, mathematics, technology and ICT education.
For information about staff and students see